Curbside Pick Up Available
We are thrilled to offer two summer reading programs this year:
Both programs will keep kids reading, learning, and growing all summer long.
People’s History of COVID-19
Sunderland Public Library is temporarily closed.
Please view our “While We Are Closed” page for more information about our closure, and for many resources that could help you during this difficult time.
Here is what is still available from your library:
- The library is only partially staffed. Some of our staff are still working from home. Please call us at 413-665-2642 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive library services.
- Our digital collections are available 24/7.
- Wireless Internet is available in the library’s parking lot and backyard between 9 AM – 8 PM seven days per week.
- Technology help is available by appointment, and can be provided by email, phone, or video conferencing.
- You can return library materials, if you want. Our book drop is still open for returns. However, if you still want your items please hold on to them. Nothing is due until July 1st.
This is what is temporarily unavailable:
- You cannot visit the library to browse for materials or use our technology.
- All programs and meetings that were scheduled to take place in the library are cancelled.
- State-wide delivery and Inter-Library Loan services are suspended.
We appreciate your patience and support as we discover the safest way to provide services under these new circumstances.
Please note that all overdue items have been renewed until July 1st (even if you already used all of your renewals). This includes long overdue items. This ensures that all of our patrons have access to our digital content during this time. If you are having difficulties with your account or accessing any digital materials, please contact the library and we will sort it out.
Resource Lists: We are gathering resources to help our patrons handle the COVID-19 crisis. Please view these lists, and contact us for assistance using any of the included resources.
Information about COVID-19: A lot of information and misinformation about COVID-19, also known as Corona Virus, is available to the public. For the most accurate and up-to-date information about the virus, please visit the Center for Disease Control Website and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts website.
Library staff and facility cleaners are also taking steps to protect our patrons from this disease and all other diseases. Please reach out to our Library Director if you have any questions or concerns.
Board of Library Trustees: The Board of Library Trustees will be hosting meetings virtually for the foreseeable future, using the platform Zoom. Please see the Board of Library Trustees page for information on upcoming meetings and how to join.