Vaccine Scheduling Information
Thankfully, it is now getting easier to schedule a vaccination appointment. This information from Senator Jo Comerford can be extremely helpful in finding available appointments at vaccination sites near you. Please share this valuable resource with your friends and neighbors.
When Will the Library Reopen?
This is a question we get asked a lot. Nearly all libraries in Massachusetts are still largely closed to the public. The Sunderland Board of Library Trustees has decided to wait until their May meeting to reevaluate the situation to determine when it will be safe to reopen. They will monitor the situation carefully with respect to the percentage of vaccinated people in our region as well as the prevalence of the more transmissible variants of the coronavirus. Other states and regions are seeing a surge in infections due to relaxing restrictions too quickly. It is in the interest of your health and safety that we wish to proceed with caution here.
In the meantime, the Library will remain open on a limited basis: we will continue to offer half-hour browsing appointments on Tuesdays, computer appointments on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays, and curbside pickup service on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. (See further down on this page for details.) We thank you for your patience and for your understanding. We are as eager to reopen as you are, but prudence dictates that we remain vigilant for a bit longer. We are not out of the woods yet.
We invite our patrons to join us for a 30 minute browsing appointment, available on Tuesdays from 1:00 PM – 7:00 PM. Please sign up for an appointment by clicking on the link below, or by calling us at 413-665-2642. Please read our browsing appointment policy before booking your appointment.
For information about the NEA Big Read of Station Eleven, by Emily St. John Mandel, click here.
BookPage Digital Edition: May 2021 issue
Curbside Pick Up Available
People’s History of COVID-19
Sunderland Public Library is temporarily closed.
Please view our “While We Are Closed” page for more information about our closure, and for many resources that could help you during this difficult time.
Here is what is still available from your library:
- The library is only partially staffed. Some of our staff are still working from home. Please call us at 413-665-2642 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive library services.
- Our digital collections are available 24/7.
- Wireless Internet is available in the library’s parking lot and backyard between 9 AM – 8 PM seven days per week.
- Technology help is available by appointment, and can be provided by email, phone, or video conferencing.
- You can return library materials, if you want. Our book drop is still open for returns.
- We are open for 30 minute computer appointments. Please contact us to schedule one today.
- We are open for 30 minute browsing appointments on Tuesdays from 1:00 PM – 7:00 PM. Please contact us to schedule one today.
- Interlibrary loan has resumed, meaning you can order items from other libraries to be picked up in Sunderland.
This is what is temporarily unavailable:
- All programs and meetings that were scheduled to take place in the library are cancelled.
We appreciate your patience and support as we discover the safest way to provide services under these new circumstances.
Resource Lists: We are gathering resources to help our patrons handle the COVID-19 crisis. Please view these lists, and contact us for assistance using any of the included resources.
Information about COVID-19: A lot of information and misinformation about COVID-19, also known as Corona Virus, is available to the public. For the most accurate and up-to-date information about the virus, please visit the Center for Disease Control Website and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts website.
Library staff and facility cleaners are also taking steps to protect our patrons from this disease and all other diseases. Please reach out to our Library Director if you have any questions or concerns. Currently we have a regular cleaning schedule, and we quarantine all incoming and returned library materials for three days before we clean them and return them to our shelves or check them out to the next patron.
Board of Library Trustees: The Board of Library Trustees will be hosting meetings virtually for the foreseeable future, using the platform Zoom. Please see the Board of Library Trustees page for information on upcoming meetings and how to join.