The Sunderland Public Library makes available its Community Room as part of its goal of serving the community as a cultural center. Specifically, the library’s Community Room was designed:
- first, to provide space for library programs;
- second, to provide space for Sunderland government and civic groups to meet; and
- third, to provide space for groups from the larger community to offer programs and hold meetings in Sunderland. (This third use for the Community Room is limited to programs or meetings held during regularly scheduled library hours of operation or when library staffing permits.)
The Community Room includes a large screen which community members may connect their own device, via HDMI or VGA inputs, to share a presentation. The room is normally equipped with four tables and sixteen chairs. Additional tables and chairs may be requested in advance. The community members making the reservation are responsible for the set up and the clean up of the Community Room.
The Community Room has a maximum capacity of 90 standing and 50 seated. The room is 29 feet 6 inches by 24 feet 2 inches, and is 710 square feet.
When the Community Room is not in use, patrons are welcome to use the Community Room as a quiet study space.
The Community Room may be reserved for use by community members. To reserve the room, please:
- Read the Use of the Community Room policy.
- Check the Community Room Calendar to see if the room is available when you want it.
- Read the Community Room Fee Schedule.
- Complete the online registration form below (you may also print out the Community Room Fee Schedule, fill out the form, and return it to the library).