The Sunderland Public Library prides itself on providing our community with access to a variety of technologies. Here is what we offer:
- Public Access Computers: We have 14 computers available for use by the public in our library (8 computers for adults, 4 computers for children, and 2 laptops for young adults). Our desktop computers are equipped with Windows 10 operating system, and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher software. The laptops in the Young Adult Room are equipped with Windows 8 software, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Minecraft servers.
- Public Wireless Internet: Patrons at the library can freely access our Wireless Internet on their own devices. There is no password to access it.
- Printing: All of our public access desktop computers (children’s and adults) are connected to the printer behind the circulation desk. Simply print the documents you need and pick them up from a staff person. We ask for a donation of $0.20 per page for black and white, $0.30 per double-sided page, and $0.50 per page for color. We do not offer wireless printing or printing from the laptops in our Young Adult Room at this time.
- Photocopies: Patrons are welcome to use our public photocopier. We ask for a donation of $0.20 per page or $0.30 per double-sided page. Our photocopier is black and white only.
- Scan-to-Email: Our photocopier also works as a scanner, which will email a digital copy of your document to any email you enter. You are welcome to scan as many documents as you like for a suggested donation of $1.00.
- Fax: The library has a fax machine behind our circulation desk, and our staff are happy to send faxes for you. We ask for a $1.00 per page donation to send faxes.
- eReaders: The Sunderland Public Library has a Kindle which our patrons are welcome to borrow. The Kindle comes pre-loaded with many books, and also comes with instructions on how to borrow eBooks from the library on the Kindle. The Kindle circulates for 3 weeks at a time. We are currently looking into purchasing more eReaders for our patrons to borrow, so be on the look out for more coming soon!
Need Help with Technology? Sign up for a Technology Help Session with a Librarian! Our librarians are happy to sit down with you and help you learn more about technology. Stop in the library to fill out the form, give us a call at (413) 665 2642, or email email@example.com to set up your session. Please let us know what you need help with, what kind of device you are using, and when you are available.